Gluing sticky balls and other projects

Today we headed up to South Pasadena and pitched in to decorate the float for the Tournament of Roses Parade...
This is the girls at check-in.

As you can see the float is evolving.
It's been painted (partially)to designate where the different flowers and seeds will be glued.
This is part of the spaceship.

Some of these pieces have already been covered in leaves.
All of it though must be covered with natural materials.
Seeds have been glued in many sections but there's lots more to do.
This was our assignment.  Take these pokey, sticky balls and glue them to the float!
Here's Chloe at work using the nasty smelling floral glue.
They were to be shading, the bright areas will be covered with various flowers next week (if they put them on now they would wilt before the parade). First we glued the sticky balls in place.
Then I held them there till they stuck.
Then I'd stand up and step back to get away from the fumes.
We managed to put down A LOT of sticky balls.
It's quite a huge project!

Here at the tables, other volunteers are adding glue in advance to sticky balls so they attach better when we glue them on.

If you'd like to see the design again go here!

This week I also managed to paint the cover for my next e-book of "The Horribles".  I was told to put a cat on the cover so here's Remus...

I also had a design meeting on Sunday for "Once Upon A Mattress", so I sketched my design for the back panel that will be "The Wizard's Chamber"...
Now that I've gotten my work out of the way I need to run in circles with hundreds of other shoppers over at the mall!  In the mean time "Happy Hanukkah" to all who celebrate. :)


Thank you! I wish you a wonderful holiday as well. :)

Popular Posts